Sunday, June 29, 2014

Make not buy

I never thought about how easy it was to make my own food. I was vegan for a few years (no this isn't going to be a post about reforming you to not eating meat) and discovered that making your own items is easier than it looks in most cases. You can make your own food and clothing for a fraction of what it costs you to purchase the same items in stores. And I have a few links to share with you and show you how. Yummy Blueberry/lemon muffins, fresh flavored lemonade, making fun and fashionable accessories. Read on to save time, money and be creative.


I had always marveled at the people who were able to crochet, or make their own earrings or bake, etc. I thought, "Wow that person is amazing". Growing up I never thought myself to be a very crafty person. My parents bought everything, I was literally one of those people who was very disconnected from their food and it's source. We never had fresh fruits and vegetables, they were too expensive, however having a hamburger or something processed was cheaper and easier to create a meal from thus those items frequented the dinner table (well TV trays).


Now that I am older I have learned that this is not the case. I make many of my own foods for way less money than I would have spent purchasing them as already made items. This is true for not only food but also accessory and clothing making as well as beauty products and everyday household items.

I made the choice to make my own baby food. I was rather inexpensive. My daughter is not very picky and enjoys many fruits and vegetables. I bought a magic bullet and just pureed items together. Kale, spinach, mango and apple blended together was a favorite of hers. It was just as easy as could be, and I started to eat better as I would cut extra up for me and make a smoothie.

I have some great videos on my YouTube channel about crocheting a Starbella Flash scarf ( the yarn was under $4.00 and the crochet needle was about $3.00. It was so simple and easy I began to make scarves as presents for my friends and family members.

Also who knew how simple and inexpensive it was to create antique/vintage looking earrings? I spent less than $10 on earring making tools at my local craft store and items I bought made 12 pairs of earrings (owls, keys, keys and locks... etc) Simple and easy- literally bend the wire and add the item you want to feature on the jewelry piece.


Check out my videos for fun easy and inexpensive ways to create items for your household.Challenge yourself to trying to make something on your own you'll find that there is something you can do that's easy and money-saving.


No comments:

Post a Comment